Oliver Municipal Airport
Oliver’s airport is conveniently located within walking distance of Oliver’s downtown area, including the Oliver Place Mall and the Southwind Crossing Mall. The elevation at the Oliver Airport is 350 metres (1,100 feet) above sea level. The Oliver airport is maintained jointly by Oliver Public Works staff and by the South Okanagan Flying Club and is located at 5811 Airport Street.
Note: The following information is provided for general guidance to pilots considering the Oliver airport. For specific up-to-date information, please consult the Canadian Flight Supplement.
- Airport ID/Name – CAU3
- Instrument Approaches – VFR
- Coordinates – N49°-10′- 24″ W119° -33′
- Fuel Type – AvGas
- Runway Light Intenstity – Low
- Variation – 20E
- Elevation – 1015
- Longest Runway Length/Width – 3318/50
- Tower Phone #s – none
- Time Zone – Pacific
- Customs Available – No
- ARINC or UNICOM frequency – 122.8
- Direction of Facility from runway – West
- Mulit-Service Card – not accepted
- AVCARD – not accepted
- Brand of Fuel sold – Shell
- Grades of Fuel sold – 100LL
The Oliver airport is owned and managed by the Town of Oliver. Land use, development proposals and operational issues are reviewed by the Oliver Airport Advisory Standing Committee. The committee makes recommendations to municipal council, which retains final authority on zoning, land use tenure and operating budgets.
Initial inquiries about the Oliver Airport should be directed to Airport Manager, Paul Dumoret (see contact list below).