For Immediate Release
May 5, 2023
Local Freshet in the Community continues to be monitored
The Town of Oliver is continuing to monitor local freshet in the community. The Town is suggesting that families and property owners who may be at risk of experiencing flooding begin to be prepared. The Town of Oliver is encouraging residents to remember:
• For properties that may require sand and sandbags, please visit the Fire Training Grounds at the intersection of Maple Avenue and Cessna Street.
• Creeks and waterway banks may be unstable as waters rise so the Town requests that all residents stay away from embankments during periods of high water flow.
• Flooding should be reported to the Province’s Environmental Emergency Response Officer at 1-800-663-3456 (24-7 and toll-free).
• Public Works may be working near waterways over the coming days to monitor and respond to any localized flooding – please provide equipment and staff with space if you see them working near waterways.
• Be prepared for flooding by visiting the Town’s emergency preparedness webpage:
• Sign up for Voyent Alert! today to receive urgent notifications about emergencies:
Town of Oliver
250 485 6200