South Okanagan Aquatic Centre
The South Okanagan Aquatic Centre Advisory Committee has been formed to complete a feasibility study on behalf of the Service Area Participants – Town of Oliver, Town of Osoyoos and the Osoyoos Indian Band.
The mandate of the Committee is to act in an advisory and leadership role to facilitate the process to develop a South Okanagan Aquatic Centre feasibility study.
The Service Area Participants have not delegated any expenditure or decision-making authority to the Committee. The Committee is to serve in an advisory capacity and lead the process to complete a feasibility study.
- Provide advice on the development of an Aquatic Centre Feasibility Study Report on a regional indoor pool facility including:
- finalization and acceptance of a communication plan for all stakeholders;
- finalization and acceptance of the Terms of Reference for the advisory committee;
- review, input and acceptance of the various stages of the report including:
- input into the needs of the community related to pool design and function;
- input into the development of a long list of options for consideration;
- input into the development of triple bottom line evaluation criteria;
- input into the determination of viable preferred options including location;
- review and finalization of interim technical and advisory memos for submission to the Service Area Participants;
- input into the finalization of the report; and
- assistance with presentation of the final report individually to the Service Area Participants.
- Assist in the public engagement process, including the attendance at public events to gauge community acceptance of the preferred options and gather feedback;
- Communicate any issues to the selected consultant that have been brought to the attention of the Committee Members by the public at large.