Date of Last Revision: May 19, 2019
The Town owns all content on this Site.
- You will not modify or attempt to modify the contents of the Site.
- You will not violate or attempt to violate the security of the Site in any way, including but not limited to hacking, cracking, mail bombing, mounting a denial of service attack or any similar malicious, careless, or negligent conduct.
- You understand and acknowledge that the Town is not responsible for any loss, damage, or injury that you or a third party suffers from your use of the website.
- You agree and acknowledge that the Town does not guarantee the accuracy of the information posted on the Site.
- You agree to be bound by the laws of British Columbia when using the Site and agree that any court proceeding related to your use of the Site will take place exclusively in the courts of British Columbia.
Communications through the Site
The Site is not a secure means of communication. Any information you may supply to the Town by any method through the Site will not be kept confidential.
Communications made through the Site’s e-mails and messaging systems are for convenience only and will not be deemed to constitute legal notice to the Town or any of its agents, agencies, officials, officers, employees or representatives with respect to any existing or potential claims or causes of action or for any other purpose.
Property Rights in the Site
The Town owns and operates the Site and owns all the intellectual property rights (including, without limitation, all copyright, trademarks, official marks, domain names, patents and all other intellectual property rights of any kind) in the Site and any text, design, graphics, images, photographs, audio clips, video clips, code, software or other content that is made available to you on the Site (“Content”) or has the permission of the owner of the intellectual property to use the Content on the Site.
Licence to use the Site
Unless the Town otherwise agrees in writing with you, you may not (or enable others to):
- modify, copy, screen capture, redeliver, reproduce, reuse, distribute, forward, post, transmit, transfer, display, publish, broadcast, revise, sell, create derivative works from or otherwise exploit the Content, whether through links, framing technology or otherwise;
- use the Site to distribute viruses, malware or other harmful software code;
- engage in conduct that could damage, disable or overburden the Site, its Content or any services provided on the Site or a system, network, server or account connected to the Site;
- probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Site, its Content or any services provided on the Site or a system, network, server or account connected to the Site;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to any part of the Site, its Content or any services provided on the Site or a system, network, server or account connected to the Site through hacking, password or data mining or other means of circumventing an access-limiting, user authentication or security device of any part of the Site, its Content or any services provided on the Site or a system, network, server or account connected to the Site;
- modify, copy, obscure, revise, remove or display the Town’s name, logo, trademarks, text, notices or images;
- use the Site, its Content and any services provided on the Site in any manner that will bring the Town or third parties into disrepute or cause the Town to be liable to a third party; or
In exchange for the licence to use the Site and for the Town providing the Content and services on the Site, YOU AGREE:
- not to hold the Town or its agents, agencies, officials, officers, employees and representatives (the “Town Group”) liable for any possible claim for loss or damages (whether direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or special) arising from any use, misuse, misinterpretation of any Content on the Site; any errors or omissions on the Site; any inability to use or access the Site; or any other matter related to your use of this Site even if the Town Group knew or should have known of the possibility of such losses or damages; and
The Content posted on the Site is intended only to provide convenient access to information about the Town. The Content posted on this Site are not the official statement of Town policies, practices, services, or procedures, and should not be construed as such.
The Site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. While reasonable effort is made to post only current and accurate information, any use of the Site, its Content and the services provided on the Site are at your own risk.
To the full extent permitted by law, the Town and its agents, agencies, officials, officers, employees and representatives expressly disclaim all representations and warranties, express or implied, in relation to the provision of the Site, its Contents or any services provided on the Site, including, without limitation, any warranties or representations with respect to:
- the currency, quality, accuracy, completeness, efficiency or timeliness of the Content;
- the fitness of the Site or its Content for any particular purpose;
- the security, quality, reliability, performance and continued availability of the Site;
- results obtained by persons using the Site or its Contents; and
- any delays or errors in the transmission or delivery of Content or services through this Site.
- The Town is not responsible for any action taken in reliance on the Content obtained or used by you from the Site. No Content on the Site should be construed as legal, tax or financial advice. You alone will bear the sole responsibility of evaluating the merits and risks associated with the use of any Content before making any decisions based on the Content.
The Town’s bylaws, Council meeting records, and policies on the Site are electronic copies made for uploading to the Site and so are not official versions. The official format may be different and may also have plans, pictures, other graphics, text or other content that may be missing or altered.
Official versions of all information must be obtained directly from the Town.
Any Content downloaded or otherwise obtained through this Site is at your own risk. You are solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or other equipment or any loss of data that results from such a download. The Town makes no representation or warranty that the Content is free from any errors, faults, failures or other “bugs” or any viruses, malware or other harmful software.
Links to External Websites
The Town may provide links to external websites that are controlled by institutions or organizations that are independent of the Town. The Town does not endorse, approve, certify or control the external websites and does not guarantee the currency, accuracy, completeness, efficiency or timeliness of the content on those external websites. You use the content located on external websites at your own risk, and you agree that the Town is not liable for any loss or damage that you may suffer by using the external websites or any content on the external websites.
Personal Accounts on Site
Parts of the Site are protected by passwords, require a login and may require you to answer a designated security question for authentication purposes. You agree to provide the Town with current, complete and accurate information about you as prompted by the applicable registration process and agree to regularly update this information to maintain its completeness and accuracy.
You agree to use the Site to access only those accounts on which you are authorized to act, and you agree to use your own user names, logins, passwords, and security questions and answers when accessing accounts on which you are authorized to act.
You are fully responsible for:
- maintaining the confidentiality of any account information, user names, logins, passwords and security questions and answers that you use to access any page or feature on the Site;
- for logging off of your account and any protected areas of the Site; and
- all activities occurring under your accounts, user names, logins, passwords and security questions and answers that result from your negligence, carelessness, misconduct or failure to use or maintain appropriate security measures.
Information submitted to speak to Council
You may make a request through this Site to speak to Council. Information provided in relation to your request becomes part of the public record and your name is included in the minutes of the meeting.
Transmission of Sensitive Information
Some of the services provided to you through the Site may involve electronic transmission, including through any email address you provide to the Town, of information that you may consider to be sensitive (such as sensitive personal, financial or business information). You consent to such transmission and assume all risks associated with this method of transmission.
Access to the Site
The Town may, in its sole discretion, modify, suspend, discontinue, remove, restrict or prohibit access to the use and availability of any part of the Site at any time, without notice or liability to you.
Questions about Personal Privacy
Intellectual Property Complaint
The Town respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work or a work of another has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or an infringement of any other intellectual property right, please notify the Town by contacting Webmaster at email@example.com or visit us in person at 6150 Main Street, Oliver, BC.
Questions about the Site
If you have questions or comments about the Site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org